Diabetes is one of the most deadly diseases in the world today. Diabetes is a medical condition characterized by high blood sugar levels due to the body’s inability to generate or respond to insulin. The disease is therefore also referred to as a ‘blood sugar problem.’ There are mainly four types of diabetes: Diabetes type 1, Diabetes type 2, Gestational diabetes and Prediabetes. Among them, S
One of the most common symptoms of diabetes is constant fatigue.
Cannabidiol (CBD) has been found to be capable of helping diabetic patients keep their blood sugar level under control. By keeping the blood sugar level under check, CBD not only provides relief from the pain associated with diabetes but also prevents the serious health complications associated with this disease.
The following are some ways that CBD helps diabetic patients to live a normal life:
- Studies show that CBD helps in activating receptors located throughout our body and brain. By doing so, it helps to reduce pain caused by nerve inflammation.
- CBD is also an anti-inflammatory agent. It can help to overcome the pain caused by arterial inflammation, which is experienced by scores of diabetic patients.
- CBD is equally beneficial for keeping cholesterol under control. This makes diabetic patients less susceptible to cardiovascular diseases. Diabetic patients are three times more likely to experience cardiovascular and
- It aids in overcoming muscle cramping and gastrointestinal disorders.
- It facilitates in calming leg syndrome, a common health problem experienced by all diabetic patients.
- It ensures uninterrupted blood circulation by keeping the blood vessels open.
- It helps in controlling your appetite and hence you can easily implement a strict diet plan which is necessary for controlling your blood sugar.
Before you start taking CBD products, it is important that you consult with your doctor to know about the exact dosage to be taken daily. You should also know that CBD can yield desirable results only if it used as part of a holistic approach that includes a strict diet plan and exercising. A strict diet plan includes eating a whole lot of carbohydrate and protein-rich food.
The following are a list of foods that you must include in your special diet plan.
Food that needs to be included:
- Almost all green leafy vegetables
- Lots of fruits – Grapefruit, Apple,
strawberries, Blueberries, Banana, Pears andBlackberries.
- Fish and seafood
- Poultry items
- Low Glycemic food like 100% whole wheat bread, Oatmeal, oat bran and muesli
- Low-fat dairy products like cheese and yogurt
Foods that needs be avoided
- Packaged snacks
- Dried Fruit
- Almost all sweet dishes
- Honey, agave
- Candy, cookies
- Flavored coffee drinks
- Fruit-flavored yogurt (but plain yogurt can be eaten).